Max Lamb and dzek present 'marmoreal, bathroom, furniture'
Renowned British designer Max Lamb is back with a new project. This time, the resourceful Brit decided to introduce a range of designs with dzek, the material design studio formed by Brent Dzekciorius. According to their website: "Dzek collaborates with selected designers, architects, and artists who have a strong craft foundation and a steadfast interest in materials to develop new surfaces that can profoundly impact architecture and space." Their new material, named marmoreal - meaning like marble - is made up of numerous different variations of marble, selected by Max Lamb. Beautifully colored Rosso Verona, Giallo Mori and Verde Alpi stones decorate the base which is either an off-white Bianco Verona, or an unspecified dark variant. About 95% percent of Marmoreal is marble, with the remaining 5 percent being made up of polyester resin binders.
The 'Marmoreal' collection of sanitaryware while luxurious in material, does away with the gigantic dimensions of top-shelf products. Partly inspired by Lamb's travels throughout Asia, the collection sees pieces in considered sizes, focusing on functionality rather than comfort. The range builds on an ethos of minimalism, with Lamb wanting to reduce the bathroom to its essential core. The bathroom fittings were provided by Barber Wilson & Co.
There is also a range non-bathroom furniture, including a bookshelf, a side table and a stool. All of them are made from the same marmoreal material, and as such carry substantial weight. The bookshelf - or library - for instance weighs a massive 265 kg. Transporting that heft is the price one has to pay for designer marble. Well, that and its retail price.
More information at dzek's website or at Design Miami. Marble , Bathroom , Sanitary , Max Lamb , dzek
We are a bunch of creatives from very diverse backgrounds, like architecture, interior architecture, design and graphics design held together by our passion for fresh ideas, new technology, alluring concepts, effortless fun, relentless design, products, and dreams. All of us are a working professional creating living spaces, environments in a daily basis focused on three areas like homes, work- and leisure-spaces.
We want to include you in this flow of creativity through our selection on how we work, live and play.